January 23, 2009

Benjamin Button...

Benjamin Button (le film, pas le mec :P) habite l'esprit... That one last shot of Button, very very weird with all its twisted semiotics, feels still burned onto my retinae... But I must admit I still have a hard time figuring how much I liked the flick. For numerous reasons, the least of which is I expected to love it, mainly because I have a huge soft spot for David Fincher AND Brad, and their common endeavours (ok ok, I'm talking Fight Club here, obviously)... There's also the mere fact that I have watched a couple of great movies lately, and find myself unable, almost, to determine which one's the best at the moment; guess my cinematic criticism skills are a tad rusty ;-).

I have a feeling I could write an entire piece on that one last shot of Button, though...

Note: I will catch it again pretty soon I guess, and will then be able to give my note, but it's probably going to end up in the vicinity of a 3.

Edit:
Okay, I just love Salon.com's reviews, even though I do not always agree with them; part of the fun ;-). Concerning Button, I think Zacharek stroke right where it counts with her piece. Anyway, it epitomizes my gut feeling while watching it, as well as when pondering about it afterwards...

No comments: