February 16, 2009

The Day The Earth Stood Still

I guess I didn't hate it. Perhaps part of it is because I am such a sucker for sci-fi thingies... Still, I have the feeling this story could have been, could be so much more. Et ce même si (et peut-être même surtout parce que) j'adore le non-verbal et le non-dit, le pouvoir de suggestion de l'art en général, de tout art du cadre en particulier, et du cinéma en l'occurrence... Malgré cela et tout le reste, je maintiens une fascinante idée de voir cette histoire dans les mains d'un Dan Simmons... Oh wait, it's already been there :P... Check it out if you like sci-fi and haven't read it yet (I sooooo wish I were you, o hypothetical reader who could cherish this masterpiece for the very first time - damn, just thinking about it, I consider re-reading it again :D!!!). You owe it to yourself and the genre we so dearly and geekishly love. Seriously ;-).

Tout de même, je vais probablement regarder l'original, et essayer de l 'apprécier (a certain comics shopkeeper might want my head if I don't :P), mais la trame narrative prise par The Day The Earth Stood Still me semble, at the end of the day, un tantinet surannée... ?!

~4.5.

No comments: