February 16, 2009

That's Fscking Great Work!!!

Saw this on Warren's site, so I'll simply link his post.
And to beef up their counters: Purchase Brothers.

And I definitely agree with Warren: if this is anywhere close to the truth, and I'm pretty sure it is, this is exactly what I've been babbling about to whoever would listen for the past, omfg, 10 years: the film industry's future bottleneck will mostly be distribution (read: making money), production itself being "democratized" by all those neat computerized gadgets (c'mon, take the bait... lol)... Ok, ok, I might not have been the steady babbler, but hey, I don't speak of cinematic technological ontologies and their impact on the narrative paradigm of fiction film (just shoot me, someone, please, shoot!) that constantly nor often... Well, not anymore anyway... And anyway, the simple point is: movies, like so many other things, might be tremendously modified by what I'll lazily call the "digital era". Shit, who can tell me with a straight face they are NOT yet modified by the "digital era"? Raise your hand if you watched a movie made prior to 2000 in the last, o say, six months? How'd it feel? Half-kidding, but still, half-kidding... And look, the industry has fallen again in the "we-need-to-invent-some-unique-thingy-to-save-our-faltering-business": 3D's back baby!! Funny how 3D happens to be the cornerstone of computer video games, and, well, personal home computers nowadays even...

Et je me suis (déjà) égaré... So much can be said on this, really... And I have managed to be somewhat all over the place :P!

No comments: