February 26, 2009

Doubt Boxing Actors

Very well-tailored melodrama. Very masterly relying on its great actors. Mister Philip Seymour Hoffman and Miss Meryl Streep in the leads do promise and deliver acting prowess, in something of a boxing match opposing two wonderful geniuses. But then, right in between the blows, you realize the thing that holds it all together for the jaded bastard you are (:P) is an Amy Adams perhaps underrated, very nuanced in her sensibility, and the perfect closing shot with that ever so touching swap between mentor and mentee.

Not much else to say though; must be 'cause I am a jaded bastard... I used to get shivers and goosebumps and all while watching such flicks. Now, I just go "oh, that's harsh". And then I wonder: "is it me, or is it the picture that's just not that touching?!?". Oh well...

~4.1.

No comments: